Thursday, August 29, 2013

I am a firm believer that naptime is not chore time.  Unless I feel like doing chores.  Which happens. . . never.  

And Cam and Livvy are napping.  Yessssss.

So we signed Jace up for soccer at the YMCA.  Because it's not very expensive.  And because we want him to perhaps develop a competitive spirit and enjoy playing sports.  And he likes playing soccer in the yard with me and Cameron.  And he's older now then when he played basketball.

In case you forgot the basketball experience, let me give you a recap.


So although he enjoyed it, he was not really that into it. 

He did a little better with soccer.  Emphasis on the little



He definitely had fun.  And ran around the vicinity of the ball.

When they were practicing for the first thirty minutes, they got in a line and the coach told them to "dribble" the ball to the person they were standing across from.

Jace picked the ball up and dribbled it like a basketball.  Awesome.

Also during the game one of his teammates threw the ball in from out of bounds and nailed Jace directly in the head.  Which interrupted his song.  We kind of laughed, but he didn't see us.  And he didn't cry.  Good job, buddy.



Livvy was content to sit in her stroller and chew on the strap.

While Cameron threw a pretty serious fit because he wanted to play.  Honestly, part of me thinks that Cameron would love playing more than Jace, but I don't think he would be okay with the playing with random people that he doesn't know part.  And not having me right there with him.  Because he can't even stay in nursery without me.  Which is fine since I'm the nursery leader for now.  But me being in there is ruining him, I think.

He just whined, pawed at me, and cried the entire time.  Poor baby.  



I was kind of thinking that Jace would have a chance to be more involved with soccer than basketball, but I don't think that will be the case.  Because its just volunteer coaches and not like a super serious league, the kids don't really learn anything about actually playing soccer.  They just run around like  a swarm of bees chasing the ball.  And on Jace's team there are two really aggressive players who kicked the ball the ENTIRE time.  And no one else did. 

On the bright side one of those aggressive players is actually also named Jace.  And he scored like three times.  And his family yelled "Go Jace!"  A LOT.  And I'm pretty sure Jace thought they were yelling for him.  And that's okay. However it did deter me from yelling out, "JACE, quit playing with your shirt!" And that's okay, too. 


So Jacey boy had fun.  And got a lot of exericse.  And got to kick the ball during practice. So that's pretty good, I guess.


And Livvy Loo is a sweetheart.  

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I've been debating soccer and basketball this fall...can't decide. Glad Jace got to try it out. Pretty funny that he thought they were cheering for him.

The Sandall's said...

STAY FIRM!!

How fun for Jace to get to play soccer!