We went to Kentucky and had a really good time. Here are some of my favorite highlights of the visit:
1. My first time flying with Jace not by myself. Flying is much more enjoyable when you can say, "Here, hold the baby, I have to go to the bathroom."
2. My first time using an airplane barf bag. Actually, four airplane barf bags. And in my defense, the flight had horrible turbulence for thirty minutes straight, I was reading alot, and I hadn't eaten well.
3. The first time we have all been together with Brice's family in two years.
4. The first time Jace got to meet his Uncle Troy.
5. The first time I have been scared to death of brown recluse spiders and taken extra caution to shake all my clothes out before wearing them. I did not see one brown recluse spider while I was there. I am happy about that.
6. The first time Jace got to take a bath with his cousin. (Brice thinks this sounds gay but I think it was cute and fun to see them splash around together. It does not sound gay.)
7. The first, and probably not the last, time Jace got wrestled to the ground by his cousin.
8. The first time I discovered (through home videos) that Brice has been really bossy from the time he was a small child. (Brice denies this and wants me to take it out. I told him I would think about it.)
The only two down sides to the trip were 1) I didn't taken very many pictures which I am very mad about now and 2) the time flew by too fast and I wish we could have stayed longer. But we did have a great time and I suppose it is good to be home.
Jace, along with his cousin and his Granny, got sick during our stay. This is one of his not so happy moments. But he's never been a little guy who stays down for long. . .
And we came home to rescue this mutt from his stay at Lucy's, or as I like to think of it now, Andy Paradise. Here are some of the highlights of Andy's trip:
1) a nice big back yard to run around in all day.
2) a comfy cage in the house to sleep in at night.
3) a person (my cousin Jacob) to take him running every day.
4) a nice new rawhide bone to chew on during the down time.
5) no one yelling at him to stop licking the baby.
6) no one yelling at him to stay out of the living room.
7) no one there to tug on his leash when he's trying to do his business.