Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday bubbles


Last Sunday it was really beautiful outside, so the kids played with bubbles when we were at Granny's for lunch.  Little Leesie was napping, so she didn't get to play with them till we got home.   Coggy was nice enough to blow the bubbles for her.  And big brother Jace was off home teaching with the daddy.

Seems like for the past three weeks or so we've been battling a sick bug.  The girls have taken turns throwing up, and so have Brice and I.  Every time I get sick I'm reminded how HARD it is to be sick and have kids.  And then I think, "At least I'm not pregnant and constantly sick and this will be over in a day or two."  Maybe not the best thing to think, but it always crosses my mind.  Especially nausea.  I do not handle nausea very well at all.  Leesie and I were both sick Friday night so Saturday we did pretty much nothing all day.  Brice took the boys with him all day and the girls and I laid around the house watching TV.  By the time Brice got home, Liv was bouncing off the walls with energy and boredom, so Brice took her grocery shopping with him.  What a good daddy he is.

So here's hoping the bug stops with me and Leesie and doesn't continue to pass through to anyone else.  And maybe we can all just stay good and healthy for a little while.  I guess I should be thankful that we've just had little stomach bugs and not the full blown flu or anything.  And I guess I should knock on wood, too.

Today in sacrament meeting the opening song was "O My Father."  I've always liked the song, but today it was especially thought provoking and touching to me.  Granny and Poppy are on their way to Utah because one of Poppy's brother, Uncle Eugene, just passed away yesterday from cancer.  He has been pretty sick for a while now, and is finally free from pain.  

I thought about him, and a lot of other loved ones who've passed away in the past few years, during the song today.  The last verse was especially meaningful. 

When I leave this frail existence,
When I lay this mortal by,
Father, Mother, may I meet you
In your royal courts on high?
Then, at length, when I've completed
All you sent me forth to do,
With your mutual approbation
Let me come and dwell with you.

Our existence in this life is frail and fleeting.  And the eternities are so much more.  I know that my little mind really can't comprehend all those things-- what eternity is and what the next life holds for me and my family.  But what I do know is that there is an eternity awaiting all of us.  And also our Heavenly Father is waiting for us.  And that we can dwell with Him forever.  

So for now I'll allow myself little moments of pondering those spiritual truths.  And I'll let the spirit fill me with warmth and happiness and inevitably tears (because I cry at everything) for a few minutes at a time.  And then I'll wipe my sniffles and return to the task at hand.  Which is raising my little family.  It's doing all the little mundane things that sometimes seem so pointless, but really are so important.  I'll keep fighting with them on Sunday mornings and dragging them to church and keep prodding them during scripture reading time in the morning and nag at them to gather around for family prayer.  Because my end goal, I guess, is for them to be able to have those little moments of spiritual truths for themselves.  And I'll do everything I can to help make those opportunities arise. 

Also I love all these pictures of the bubbles.  Leesie loved them so much.





















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog post! ❤️