Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yesterday was a hard day.  It reminded me of when Livvy was a newborn. 

Jace got sick last Saturday with some kind of throat thing.  Sore throat and fever.  The doctor at the after hours clinic said probably strep.  Even though the strep test came back negative.  So then Cam and Liv got the same symptoms Monday night.  High fever and sore throat.  I'm assuming Livvy's throat hurt because she refused to eat.  So into the doctor we went yesterday (Tuesday).  Not strep.  Just some kind of virus. The kind you can't do anything for and basically going to the doctor was a waste of money because they tell you to do things you're already doing.  I hate that.

So yesterday was rough.  I flashbacked to those newborn days.  Going on no sleep.  Livvy not sleeping for more than fifteen minutes at a time.  Cameron super whiny, feverish, and mad.  Obsessing about how much Livvy was eating to avoid dehydration.  Lots of temperature taking.  A couple of cool washcloth incidents with her screaming because of the chill.  

And then Jace came home, completely spazzed out (that's a thing) with another green card and a note about him, "shoving chips into his mouth and getting crumbs all over the table during lunch, then repeatedly fake burping".  The funny thing is that the super mess and annoying fake burping are just constant daily activities at our house. . . I understand that at school he has to follow rules and they can't just "ignore" everything the way I do sometimes. . . Then I feel guilty, like maybe I should be more strict at home.  But really if I chose to get mad at him over that stuff here at home, he really would be in a corner alllllllll the time.  I made Jace write a note of apology to his teacher which took forever and was like pulling teeth.  Both of us basically in tears of anger and frustration.  Another reminder of why I could NEVER homeschool him.  Oh that boy.  Here's hoping that the "following directions" thing at school clicks soon.  And if it doesn't. . . oh well.  

Anyway it was a rough day.  But today has been better.  Lower fevers, more sleeping and eating, and less crying.  And really I'm pretty glad this whole virus thing is running the course before beach time.  So bring it virus.  I'm ready for you.  Hurry up.

And now some pictures of Labor day swimming time and a stoned looking Liv.



   

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Well on the bright side, you're bound to be healthy for your trip now! Chewing his chips to make a mess? WOW...rules are getting tough these days!

Melanie said...

Catching up on your blog today . . . Leilani, you are such a great photographer and writer and MOM! And yes, Livvy is a princess baby! My kids have had to write notes of apology to primary teachers and babysitters too, I think it's effective. Last week I had Wesley's 5th bday party with 9 of his friends plus my 4, I seriously don't know how kindergarten teachers do it and I agree, I could never home school! (though I do admire moms who do!)