Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I feel like I'm in some sort of post vacation denial.  Or depression.  My brain feels blah.  I want to be blah all day long.

Here is what I don't want to do:

Laundry
Dishes
Cleaning the bathroom in anyway
Cleaning the old van so we can sell it
Any kind of organizing
Sorting summer clothes and winter clothes
Any sort of activity that requires too much brain effort
Exercise
Prepare the lesson for the third hour of church for THIS Sunday (Yikes, I just remembered that)

Here is what I DO want to do:

Look at facebook
Look at Pinterest
Look at Instagram
Look at other blogs
Read easy to read children's novels
Look at Pinterest
Sleep
Complain about my achy back (probably brought on by lack of doing anything else)
Take unnecessary pictures of my children (okay mostly Olivia)
Play with those pictures

What I gather from these lists is that I need to perhaps go through a serious device detox.

But not yet.  First some pictures.  Mostly of Livvy.  Because she is so easy to take pictures of.

And for no special reason.  Because she will not be nine months for over a week.  And, let's be honest, I'll probably take more pictures of her before then.


She was playing with this board book the other day.  Why have I not been using this like a measuring tool and taking pictures of her every month with it?  Because that would have been too cute.

Is it too late to start?










I found this cute outfit when I started to get out more stored clothes for her.  I realized she might just have a couple of chances left to wear it.  So I had to take pictures, right?  Also, I have yet to finish that project.





She refused to look at me that day.


Another day we were outside again.  And Jace had his hat, which he put on her.  A definite picture moment.  She was enthralled with the dog, who was barking at a cat through the fence.





Today I was forced to leave the house to take something to the post office.  So we stopped at a park.

Liv did not like the grass.




I let her grow accustomed to it until she started to whimper in a sort of "this is really freaking me out, Mom" kinda way.

Then we tried the baby swing, which she loved.











Then Cameron got a turn to swing.





We ran to see a fountain.






And Cameron saved this "drowning leaf".  Which is the color of fall.  Hooray!




And finally, my parents have both had birthdays this past week.  They are amazing parents, and even better grandparents.  We miss them!  Christmas cannot come soon enough!  So here's a happy birthday picture for you!




5 comments:

Celeste said...

No wonder you want to take pictures of her...she's so cute. Love the ones of her in the hat. And the denim outfit. I can't wait for Sadie to sit up alone so I can capture better pictures.

The Sandall's said...

It's okay to be in a funk. You'll come out of it... I'm sorry you're feeling this way. But super cute pictures u got. Love the black and white with just a little color! No, it's not too late to start pictures with the Olivia book. So cute!

The Sandall's said...

Olivia is all ready for hunting in her orange and camo!

Melanie said...

10 years + from now, you'll be glad you didn't spend your days doing all those chores and you'll be so glad you have these darling pictures of your kids instead!

Jillane said...

I love those pictures! You are so good at taking pictures. I need more! Laundry, dishes and all the rest will always be there but the precious moments you have with your kids will be the best times of your life. And they will grow up so fast!