Friday, September 20, 2013

On Thursday evening we took some family pictures.  Some of them turned out really really good. . . and then others not so much.

These first three were great.  Well with the exception of my two brat boys in the third one.





It seemed that my children were done taking pictures.  They were tired.  They were bored.  And they were sick to death of having the camera aimed in their direction.









The more and more pictures I took, the less cooperative they became.




When we had to change from our black and white clothes into our teal clothes, they were officially finished.




They managed to hang on to their last single shred of self control--which wasn't much, if you take a look  back at that smaller family picture--but when I wanted some of the three of them. . . 

Livvy kept shrieking.


And Jace kept eating her flower.




They stared off distracted at something. . .



And Jace kept making crazy face. . .after face. . .



after face.




Threats of extreme punishment did not help.
And Cam was losing any alertness he may have had.



But I kept trying.  Thinking, just one more shot.  Just maybe the perfect one will come.






Until finally I just pushed one picture too much.

And Cameron had to resort to other methods to get me to stop.




And Jace's face says it all.



But I only had myself to blame.  So I couldn't be mad.  Even at this boy who physically could not have a normal face.



Angel Livvy did fine.  She loved sitting by her  brothers and eating sand.





Except for when I tried to make her stop eating sand.


But she never stays mad for long.





So we didn't get a great huge frame-able picture of just us.  But we got some memories.

2 comments:

The Sandall's said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I am laughing so hard I am seriously crying!!!!! But I do think you got some frameable pictures of the kids!! That one of Jace in black and white shirt on chair is the best ever!!

Celeste said...

I think your kids did really good. I can't get any of my family beyond one or two without some one crying or throwing a fit. And you totally got their personalities so that is good. I love all of your outfits.