Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Homemaking

Today I was complaining through text message to Brice about how I was doing the laundry.  Again.  Because that's basically what I do with my life. 

Laundry.

I wasn't really grumpy about it, you know just pulling the "I hate laundry so bring me home something yummy" card.

And then he joking said, "But you're so good at it.  You make homemaking look easy."

And then I responded back with, "You and I both know that's not true."

And the truth is, it really isn't true.  I do not make homemaking look easy, because I don't like homemaking and I quite actually suck at it.  Or at least homemaking in what might be the traditional sense of it word.

I hate doing laundry, especially the folding and putting away parts.  So all of the clothes just stay mostly rotating from clean laundry baskets to dirty laundry baskets.  Occasionally I'll be super on top of things and put stuff away completely.  But very rarely.

I don't like cooking, or baking.  I do it simply because we have to eat.  I don't try new things and if it the recipe calls for more than five ingredient or I have to buy specific stuff for that recipe, I'll never make it.  I would rather poke my eyes out than make bread or cookies or can or try new things in the kitchen.

I'm not very organized when it comes to household things.  I don't decorate, mainly because it doesn't really interest me and I don't really care and I'm always just waiting till we move out of this house to do anything really nice and permanent.  Or at least that's what I tell myself. 

I can clean.  And I do clean.  Because I don't want to live in filth.  Though I do not it enjoy it even a tiny bit. 

The only thing I like about "homemaking" is the being home with the kids part.  Getting to see them through every phase of their little lives and be there for the fun and the bad and the hard and the gross and the sweetness. 

Oh and also I like the whole not having to be somewhere every day part.  Of course :)









The kids let me take these pictures of them the other day when they are being crazy in the living room and I didn't want to put away clothes (shocker) or start dinner and was distracting myself from those chores.  

Also they've all been sick on and off throughout the last three weeks, it seems.  Like fevers and puking and diarrhea and then fever and puking all over again, taking turns and cycling back through it all, over and over again.  So that's been a pleasant treat. 

No comments: