Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hard Questions

Dear Jace,

You have been asking me such deep questions lately.  

Is this my first time on this earth?
What happens when we die?
What is it like when we die?
When will we come back to our body?
Are you getting old, Mom?  Like really old?  
Will I see you when I die?

Sometimes I don't know how to answer these questions.  I don't know how to answer them in a way to make a five year old understand.  I don't know how to answer them to make you feel safe and love and peace.  And I hate that I don't know the answers to all of these questions.  That I can't tell you exactly what will happen when we die.  And that when I tell you not to think about it, I can still see your little mind churning behind those bright eyes.

But I can tell you this.  

Because the Savior died and lives again, we will live again.  And because of the gospel of Jesus Christ, we have been sealed as a family forever.  So you will be mine forever.  And you can make choices in your life so that one day, when your own child looks up at you and asks these hard questions, you can hug him and smile and tell him, "No matter what happens, you will be mine forever."

Love, Mom


2 comments:

diana king said...

That's beautiful, mija!

Celeste said...

I love this video. And your answers. So grateful for this knowledge!