Thursday, August 18, 2016

Great Grandma Anderson


We drove back to Utah Saturday afternoon.  Then Sunday we drove down to Salem where Aunt Eva was giving her homecoming talk.  And we played with cousins and second cousins there for the day.  Then we drove back up to Salt Lake to Spencers.

Then on Monday the kids and I packed up, with Seve, and went down to Fairview for the day and night.  So much driving.  But it was so worth it.  We haven't see Great Grandma Anderson in way too many years.  And now that all of my own grandparents are gone, taking every chance I can to let the kids know their great grandparents is important to me.   So we hung out with Grandma at her house.  We played in the water, bothered her sheep and turkey, picked flowers (whoops) from her garden, ate some good food, and visited with some other family members.  It was so good to see her.





























Some pictures that are on my phone include visiting the museum where we saw the wooly mammoth skeleton and the big indian bowl that Poppy found with his sister, Peggy.  And also we visited two parks that Fairview has.  And walked around the streets and saw where Granny and Poppy used to live with Brice, Emily, and Troy before they moved back to Kentucky. 

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I'm so sad we missed you by one day! But I know Grandma was really looking forward to your visit so I'm glad she had that to look forward to after all the other family left.