Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

So on Just a Touch of Crazy, we did this thing spot lighting different moms that we know and love.  

And Emily tried to be sneaky and have Brice write one for me. She thought she could add it to our page when I was done working on the blog for the night. 

But she doesn't know that I'm crazy.  And, according to Brice, "my blogs are my one true love."  Oh silly Brice.  I found it before the post was published.

Anyway, here is what Brice wrote.  And it's pretty sweet.  He is pretty much the best.

And I'm posting it here.  Because I can't have it over there.  I would feel like a chump to have a spotlight of MYSELF.


My wife is one of the greatest things in my life and, because of her, I have been able to realize the greatest joys of my life. Family is very important and my kids are my most cherished blessings. I love them with all my heart and would do anything for them.


When I look at my beautiful children, there is no doubt in my mind that I chose the perfect companion and partner to share my life with. Leilani makes many sacrifices and works hard to give our children every opportunity and advantage they can have in this life. She does the same for me. She supports me and lifts me up even when she stands to gain nothing for herself. That’s what I love the most about her; her willingness to put the needs of her family before her own needs. She is strong and independent, and fights for what she wants and what she knows is right. I couldn’t ask for more than to have a person like her at my side to help me fight the battles that life puts in our path.



I must have done something right to have earned the love of such a beautiful woman. Of all the other choices, she chose me. She makes me want to be a better person just to be worthy of her companionship. I try and will continue to try every day to be the man that my wife and children deserve, and regret the fact that I fall short of their greatness. But, Leilani loves me and so do my children…and that’s all I need!


We do have a pretty great family.  And I married a pretty great guy.  We are extremely blessed :)

2 comments:

Tyrell Berner said...

This is so, so sweet :) And thank you for making jake write one for me. We have GREAT husbands!

Celeste said...

When I saw all the nice collections you did for Mother's Day I was hoping your own hubbies wrote something too. So glad that Brice did! What a nice tribute to you he did. You are a great mom!