Sunday, May 11, 2014

Field of Flowers (finally)


In the spring time where we live, golden rods spring up in all the fields.  They are so pretty.  And to me, they mean that the cold weather is finally really gone and SUMMER is on it's way.

Every year I think about how I want to take pictures of the kids in the flowers before they're all mowed down for farming.  But every year I put it off until one day, whoops, they're all gone.  But not this year.


I dressed the kids up (kind of) and forced Brice to come with me as a helper to take some pictures of them.  I should have forced Brice to dress nicer too and brought the tripod so we could take a family picture.  But I didn't. Oh well.



The boys were pretty cooperative.  They only made faces like this when I told them to be silly.



Also Brice watching and waiting impatiently (he's not a fan of picture taking) probably added to their cooperative-ness.







I love this one above.  Even though I accidentally focused on the Jace's foot.







Miss Liv didn't last too long.  She wasn't a big fan of the poky ground.



We took these in the field next to GG's house, so GG happily gave me a sheet to set down so I could get some of Little Miss.  But the girlie still wasn't thrilled to be a part of it.





Then we went inside and visited for a bit.  My camera lens doesn't do well in little spaces, but I thought I would get some pictures of us visiting anyway.  Because that's real.  And what we do :)





Also I am so glad that summer is finally here. And Livvy is finally walking well enough to not need to hold my hand when we go outside.  Woohoo!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with your photos! So clear and crisp and those kids are so cute =) #ordinarymoments

Katie @mummydaddyme said...

Your photos are always so beautiful, so sharp and colourful and that's the style I like. They look adorable next to those yellow flowers.

Smirking said...

What handsome boys! I love that you remember to take pictures of your kids.

Just A Touch Of Crazy said...

Love the pictures! You got some priceless faces of the boys and Livvy and her dislike of the flowers! Love it! Tri-pod Next Year :)