Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Jace is on fall break this week.  It's like life before school.  Mornings are lazier.  Which usually mean the boys are crazier.

I'm trying to do something every day to keep us busy.  Because seriously I know he's only been in school for two months but I forgot how I handled things when he was home all day every day.

Yesterday we went to the library and got a bunch of movies and a few books.  We already have a TON of books at home so usually I don't get books from the library for the kids.  Mostly because my kids like to destroy things.  But I decided to check out some super easy, using the same ending sound for every word, really boring and lame books for Jace to help him practice reading.  

Books along the lines of:

"This is a mug.  This is a jug.  This is a pug.  The pug is on the rug.  The black mug is on the red rug by the pug.  The bug is by the black mug and the red rug and the pug."

It's almost torture just to even type that, let alone read it.  However, it's a book Jace can read all by himself.  So we must clench our teeth and get through it until he can read more fun books by himself. 

Today we went to the zoo.  We have a family pass so I figured it's like it's free, so there is no pressure to stay forever.  So I went with the kids and we just chilled for a few hours.


It's no surprise that the maps were the best part.  The boys (especially Cameron now) have been very into maps.




The weather was beautiful.  Short sleeve, cool weather with NO humidity.  I wish it was like that every day here.




The turtles loved the nice weather, too.  I was trying to take a picture of them and Jace kept shoving his hands in my face to show me how many he "added".



The wolves (below) were marching around their cage.  All the other cats and big animals were being boring.  And, much to Cam's dismay, the rhino was out of sight.





The flowers and plants and trees were really pretty.  It will probably be even prettier in a few weeks when more of the leaves have changed colors.  So I guess we'll have to go back again.



Oh, and I lied about the maps being the best part.  

The giraffe was awesome today.

And then some people started feeding it grass.  So I let the boys join in.












Thanks for being so cool, Mr. Giraffe.  We hung out with him until a zoo lady started yelling at everyone to stop feeding him.  Sorry about that, Mr. Giraffe.

And meanwhile, in the stroller. . . .

Livvy drooled on herself and pretended to drink her bottle.



And kept trying to escape.

2 comments:

The Sandall's said...

Wow, you are brave. Going to the zoo with 3 kids by yourself. Wish I was there to go with you! Looks like you are doing good keeping Jace busy while out of school! Jace didn't freak out when that long, wet tongue touched his hand?!?!?

I'm so jealous of your PERFECT weather! Enjoy it for me too!!

Celeste said...

That giraffe picture is awesome! How fun. Glad you snuck him some grass. =)