Wednesday, July 17, 2013

We are in Texas.

And we didn't come alone.  There was a stow-a-way.  Which I found on Cam's head three days after we left Kentucky.

This guy.


I know, gross right?  I was rubbing his head and felt. . . something.  I hoped and hoped it was a scab but it was a gross tick.  I actually handled it a lot better than I thought I would when this inevitable moment came.  (Because there are many many ticks where we live)

And all I could think was, "Better him than me."  And I don't even feel bad about it.  I imagine that it would take me waaaay too long to find a tick if one got on my head.

So Jace saved up his birthday money and with the help of his daddy picked out a Harry Potter xbox game that the two of them could play together.  He loves the Lego games.  Imagine his excitement when I told him that Uncle Seve had once made two magic wands. . . and they were in his room. . . and that Uncle Seve said the boys could play with them.    


He loves it and has been "spelling" things all over the place.  In fact, one day he said under his breath (when I told him he would have to go lie down for a little bit), "I'm gonna take my wand.  And maybe I'll spell you into a good mom instead of a bad mom."  Ouch.



Grandma and Paka found a little used jeep that of course Cam loves.  And hogs.  But Jace doesn't really mind because he can go faster with his little bike.





Usually when we come to Texas in the summer the intense heat has scorched the grass into looking like the neighbors yard (above).  But my dad has been watering the lawn and so my parents lawn is green and pretty still.


But unfortunately the yard is still plagued with the dreaded fire ant hill. I hate these little fire ants.  And I don't even feel bad to see them hurrying to take the Amdro to their death.  Stupid fire ants.  Their bites really hurt.






The boys love the three dogs that my parents have. 

The golden/yellow/bigger one is named Skeeter.  And I think she is going on 16 years old.  That is insanely old for a dog.  And I think perhaps the majority of the family (maybe excluding Seve on his mission who wants to see her one more time) is ready for her to pass on to greener pastures.  You know, that happy farm where there will be rabbits to chase and bones to eat. . .but she is still as agile, chipper, and alive as ever.  Except for that she is completely deaf. Good old Skeeter.



At a splash pad.  






 I told the boys I would give them a piece of candy if they stood under this thing and waited for it to dump water on them.  Sometimes I get bored.


Also we got a little pool for the boys to splash around in outside.  Mostly in the afternoon during that time when dinner is being cooked and they're both tired and acting insane and its 100 degrees outside. 







 Livvy Liv watching the boys.  With just two eyebrows. . .


Oh wait now she has her uni-brow again.  Silly girl.  She always has the raised eyebrow inquisitive look going on.

 This is Liv's face pretty much whenever Cameron is around.


Also they humored me and did this Thomas puzzle that I got for them at goodwill (there are like tons of goodwills around I love scavenging through them all).  When did they grow out of Thomas?  And how do I make Cameron stay young longer when all he wants to do is be like his big brother?





My sleeping babies.



I love when they sleep.  Because they look so peaceful.  And also because it's quiet.




3 comments:

Celeste said...

I'm glad you handled the tick well. I guess I forgot about those ugly things since we don't really have them here. I love the face of the boys in the swimming pool. Enjoy your time in TX!

The Sandall's said...

Thought the tick would be bigger and more full of blood... hahaha! Love the pics you got of the boys playing at that splash pad and the pic of all three of them sleeping. How sweet!

Melanie said...

Ah -- the hour before dinner time -- my hardest hour of the day! Have a fun time in TX!!