Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July! Woohoo!


First I would like to say, or rather ask, why is blogger forcing me to put a title these days?  

But anyway, as the enforced title says, it's the Fourth of July!  Woohoo!  

We had a really, really good day.  

It was really kind of a man's day.  And unfortunately I just realized I didn't take a single picture of Olivia today.  Oh well, maybe the boys can catch up a little bit with this post.  But anyway, it was a man's day, so I had to throw myself in a few pics with some selfies.  That's pretty much the only way I get in the picture.

The boys started the day with "projects". We're fixing up our house a bit so we can put it up for sale, so Brice wrote out a list of projects Jace and Cam can help him with.  Although mostly they just follow him around and play with their tape measures.





Then we went to Granny's and had a feast of a lunch.  And then the boys went swimming.  It's been raining a lot lately and the highs have been in just the upper seventies.  So the pool was chilly.  Cold.  Super cold.  I did not even attempt to get in.




But I did force Brice to take a picture with me.  See how happy we look?  Aw, we love each other.  Really. 


Then we went home and watched Escape from Planet Earth together.

Then Brice and the boys went to get some fireworks, a spur of the moment decision.  We had decided to let them stay up until dark to watch the fireworks and when the movie ended we had two hours to kill.  That's along time when the boys are already exhausted.  

But the fireworks did the trick and we didn't even have one fit all night long.  That is like a miracle.  Also Olivia went to sleep at 7:30 and slept soundly even through all the noise.  Yay. 








As you probably have guessed, Jace was not a fan of the noise.





  Jace had to be coerced to go hold the firework.  He was scared.  Even Cameron was trying to tell him "you can be brave like me, Jace".  These next three pictures are my favorite sequence of the night.




I love it.  And this one above is my favorite of the night.  Probably my favorite picture of Jace and Brice ever.  


Then it got dark and we pulled out some chairs and popcorn to watch the firework show all the houses around us put on.  I think maybe all the neighbors have some kind of running contest on who has the coolest fireworks.  And we reaped the benefits.  




 Pretty much a perfect night.

3 comments:

The Sandall's said...

What a fun 4th!!! You got the best pictures of Jace!! Popcorn, what a brilliant idea for the fireworks show!!

Tyrell Berner said...

I always love your pictures but the one of you and brice is my new favorite! Love it

Celeste said...

Why is it that our husbands don't take pictures of us? Once in a while it would be nice to think they want a picture of the mother of their children WITH their children. =)

Love the firework picture of Jace and Brice.