Friday, May 4, 2012


Jace the Space (that's what Brice calls him)


He has been cracking me up with some of the stuff he's been saying lately.  Well, cracking me up and also making me cringe.  Brice and I (and since Brice is not the one writing this, I will say mostly Brice.  Though anyone who knows me will know that's not true)-- anyway, Brice really needs to watch his language around Jace the Space.  To keep this rated G I will tell that lately Jace has been saying, "Oh that sucks!"  To which I promptly respond, "That's not a nice word.  I don't want you saying that."  To which he responds, "Daddy says it."  And then I say, "Well sometimes grown ups need reminders to only say nice words. So can you help me Daddy with that?"



He has this magnifying glass that he got in an Easter basket that he has been carrying around every where with him to find "bugs".  Yesterday in the van he yelled with excitement, "I found a bug!  I need to examine it!"  Then when I asked him what kind of bug it was and where it was, he said, "Well.  It's on my arm.  And it's a squished kind of bug."


He is not quite as fearless as Cameron.  At the park I heard him yelling for help and found him hugging this pole with all his might.  One more step and he would have been home free, but no amount of coaxing would make him take that extra step.  

A few days ago he was building mountains out of some of his toys.  He yelled for me to come see the mountains and when I got to the living room I saw he had hidden them under a blanket.  "Can you see them?" he asked.  I crouched down and picked up the blanket to look, much to his dismay.  After he cried, "NOooooo!" I said, "Oh I'm sorry I thought you wanted me to look at them."

He looked at me quizzically for a second and then asked, "What's in your ear?  Do you have fuzz in your ear?"

"No," I said (immediately brushing my ears off thinking maybe there was bug in them)

"Well what's in there?  Oh, it's your hair. Your hair is covering your ears.  That's why you couldn't hear me telling you not to look."

After he and Cameron were instructed to clean up their toys from the living room, I peeked in to see my hard workers and saw Jace sitting in the middle of the floor by the basket they were supposed to be putting their toys in.  He was very patiently ordering Cameron to walk around the room and pick up all the toys.  After Cameron picked up a toy and dropped it in the basket, Jace said, "Very good job, little buddy.  Now go get that truck!"  Then he turned and saw me watching and declared, "We are working hard in here, Mommy!"

I think that would have made Brice proud.

And lately this is the only thing I get when I ask him to smile.


No comments: