Saturday, April 28, 2012


Today the kids had an eventful, busy, tiring day.  I had a Relief Society meeting in the morning and Brice had to work, so they got to spend the day at Granny and Poppy's.  They played outside to their hearts content.  They were happy and fun and lovable.  Of course, Brice and I weren't there to witness that.  By the time we picked them up and took them home, they were a dirty and exhausted mess.  But we still wanted to have some quality bonding time with them so we attempted to play together in the yard for a little while.  I thought a nice little game of baseball would be fun.




There was a lot of whining and crying as we organized the game, but as loving parents we soldiered on.  Jace hit the ball like a pro (after about five misses) and ran to the fence (which is our only base-- gotta keep it simple) speedy quick!





Then it was Cameron's turn.  He hit the ball (by holding the bat up and having Brice toss the ball onto the bat) and he didn't really want to run to the fence.  That was not stopping Jace from quickly trying to tag (clobber) him, so Brice helped him zoom to the fence.




He was not a big fan of that.  At all.

 So of course he started crying.  Loudly.


Jace was not a big fan of the loud crying.  And also apparently, "Daddy made me fall down!" so he joined in with his own loud crying.






Despite our attempts to get the kids to calm down and carry on with the game, the scene continued to deteriorate. 

What's that?  You'd like a close up of the precious angels?






It was not long before Daddy had had enough,  while I just kept snapping away. I have not had many opportunities for fun pictures, so I decided this was better than nothing.

"That's it, time for bed!" says the dad.



And naturally, the almost 4 year old tries to make a quick getaway.



But the dad is too fast.  And our night ended somewhat dramatically.  


On a brighter note, it's not even 7:30 and my kids have been asleep for an hour and a half. Not too shabby.  Not too shabby. 


*Disclaimer: we're not terrible parents.  We fed our kids and bathed them before we put them to bed.  We even managed to stop most of the crying.

5 comments:

The Sandall's said...

I love it! What a real and true representation of parenting! I'm going to have to try this sometime! I'm still laughing! Bow just keeps asking, why is jace crying?!?

diana king said...

That was hilarious! You can tell they were tired even before they started playing.

Jillane said...

I laughed and laughed. I love your narrative of the events. It was hilarious. Gotta love kids - they keep life interesting and fun.

Celeste said...

Good job parents! This is about how half of our tball games end too. Some one gets hit, tears about rules etc...

Melanie said...

Your nicknames are GREAT! Your posts are HILARIOUS! Your photography is AWESOME! Your baseball trantrum pictures are PRICELESS! Ok, so same thing happens to me with Trevor begging over and over for something, so what I do is put a twist on it so he doesn't think he's getting his way (and I don't appear to be giving in), for example: "mom, can I have 2 treats?" me: "no, one" him: "no 2!" repeat repeat repeat, then me: "ok, you can have 2 if you pick up those toys." And one other tip, I started requesting antibiotics in chewable form instead of the liquid, Aidan's old enough to get the kind you swallow which is even better! Thanks for sharing all your precious mommy moments! Your boys are adorable!