Monday, March 6, 2017

Squiggle cake












Jace made a squiggle cake for his Blue and Gold Banquet.  They had a cupcake/cake decorating contest.  He wanted to do it all by himself.  So I frosted on the main layer and then asked him what colors he wanted, made him the colors, and then let him loose.

I mean, at first I did say something along the lines of, "Well, um, do you kind of want to make it like a Star Wars cake of some kind?  To go with the theme?"

And he said no.  He said he knew what he wanted to do.  And then we proceeded to just put squiggles all over the cake.  And a big glob in the center that looked kind of like frosting poop.  So yeah.  It was kind of funny and I had a good little chuckle about it.  Turns out, only like three other scouts even bothered to make a cake.  And they were Star Wars themed.  And the winning cake was a really cute BB 8 cake.  Is that the little robot's name?  So yeah.  Pretty sure the mom went all out for that one.  Not so much me.  And I kind of liked it that way.  Loved it that way, actually. We loved our little squiggle cake.  And it tasted super yummy, too!

No comments: