Monday, February 24, 2014

Livvy Loo + a flashlight + black and white equals some really cute pictures.



Unfortunately Miss Liv is under the weather today.  I discovered she is indeed cutting four molars, one on each side of her mouth.  They have all broken through the skin at least in one point.  I'm surprised she hasn't been grumpier than she's been.



And also she has been throwing up all day.

It's been quite the mess.

The first eruption was luckily in the kitchen.  Not so luckily, I was holding her and it was right next to the bottom cabinet that is missing it's door.  So I have quite a few dishes to wash.

The next time it was in her bed and it warranted a desperate bath.  Jace was instructed to sit on the toilet and watch Liv in the inch high water and make sure she didn't fall while I set to cleaning up the chunky mess in her bed.

I said out loud, "Ugh, could this get any worse?"

Yeah, I really said that.  Like some kind of super idiot.  Perhaps I was looking for empathy from my five year old who would have been the only one who could hear me?  Maybe I just felt like being dramatic.

Either way, karma decided to come back and slap me in the face.  Hard.  The words had just escaped my mouth when I heard Jace say, "Ummmm, Mom, I think she's doing her business."

She was indeed.



Since then Liv and I have worked out a pretty good system.  She wears an old t-shirt of the boys and there is a single towel covering her thankfully plastic covered mattress.  So she pukes, I remove the towel, change her shirt, wipe her mouth and whatever else may have been targeted, run a disinfectant wipe over the mattress, put down a clean towel and put her in a clean shirt and give her  a sip of water. I put the Ipad up on the dresser and she watched Super Why and puked every half hour for the last four hours. 


The boys, unsurprisingly, went to bed early.  And now Liv finally fell asleep so hopefully the pukes will subside long enough for her to get some rest.






I hate when my kids get throwing up sick the worst.  Brice says it's because I'm just worried that I'll get it next.  He's mostly right.

But also it's such a mess and you never know when they're going to explode all over everywhere.  Bleh.




So here's to a speedy recovery, sweet baby girl.

And also check out Cam's perch.  It's the only place he can play the kindle where Liv can't reach him.


2 comments:

Celeste said...

YUCK! I'm so sorry. But I'm going to remember your system. It's genius. Babies with the flu are the worst, they can't do anything to prevent a massive mess. Love the black and white pictures. What a clever idea.

Smirking said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry! She's lucky to have such a good mama to take care of her. I hope she feels better soon!