Saturday, November 30, 2013


More zoo pictures?

Yes.

Because yesterday we went.  And Daddy came with us, too.  And this time we saw some animals that were hiding last time.  And also there are some pictures of me.  


We got to see the jaguar pace around his cage.





I was walking holding hands with the boys and they were happy and smiling and I thought, you know, I really want this moment captured.

So I made us stop walking.  I gave Brice the camera.  I made him walk about fifty paces ahead of us.  I made the boys KEEP holding my hand.  They started to whine, since this was taking a while, and of course was no longer natural and fun.  But by gosh, I didn't care.  I forced them to act happy with threats of leaving the zoo right then.  So yeah. 



We got to see the rhino this time.  He peed.  And then licked it up.



And then made this face at us, as if to say, "How do you like them apples?"




We only stayed at the zoo about an hour and a half since it was pretty chilly and we didn't bring water or snacks or anything really.  The last place we went to was the kid area, where they have the otters.  The otters have been MIA like the last five times we've been.  But this time they were not.  

And they were a delight.

I think they were really bored with the fact that there was no one at the zoo, so when they saw us they immediately perked up.






They even played with the boys.  It was pretty awesome.  They have a tunnel that goes through their display where you can see them swimming around you and above you.  Jace and Cam would run to the tunnel and see the otters, and then they would run back to the outside and the otters would go meet them there.  Then the otters would dive back in the water and the boys would race back into the tunnel.  I feel as though the boys AND the otters loved it.









Otters are pretty dang cute.  Almost so cute you might think about touching them.  But they had signs all around the cage warning against that.  This lady who came up with her kids as we were leaving said she saw a kid reach his hand over the display, and true to the message on the glass, the otter bit him.



But look at that little face. . . I took this picture as he was watching the boys leave.  Seriously  How cute is that?

4 comments:

Celeste said...

I have to ask Justin to take my picture every time. So I'm glad that you stopped and captured that moment. I totally would do that.

The Sandall's said...

How fun and good to see you in lots of pictures!!! Brice is a pretty good camera man ;) Love your hat and your hair is getting so long, I love it long!! You look beautiful!!

Unknown said...

What a fun day at the zoo! That Rhino is disgusting! I don't think I have a "natural" photo of Eli and I. Always forced.

Smirking said...

I saw a TV show the other day where otters were going to the top of a snowy hill and sliding down on their bellies like they were sledding, just for fun. So I'm sure you're right that the boys and the otters were having a good time. And I also love that you got some pictures with you in them. I have a hard time with that!