Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween was stormy.  So stormy that they "canceled" trick or treating and moved it to today (Friday).  However, I feel as though the boys had enough Halloween fun and enough candy fun yesterday, on actual Halloween.  So they're not going trick or treating.  Instead they get to go on a father/son camp out!  And right now they're at the movies with their Aunty Lisa, and Jace didn't even have school today.  Pretty much a win all the way around.

So now for the costumes. . . 

Livvy went as Olivia.


When we told Jace that we wanted to name our new baby sister Olivia, he said, in a very disgruntled voice, "But Olivia is a PIG!"

She's a very cute pig.  My mom made her costume.  I added the nose.  But before I added the nose, I took pictures of her with a drawn nose.  Which I thought was adorable.







Brice, however, was so anti the drawn on pig nose that I finally consented to make her a different one.  Silly Brice.  




The boys were ninjas from "Ninjago" a show on Netflix that they're obsessed with.  Thank goodness for pinterest.  And the internet.  And other creative people who put all their stuff for the non creatives to copy.





I kept telling them to "pose like a ninja".  Jace's go to was to always cock his head sideways.  And Cam of course just copied him.

I made them go and take these pictures before the church party during the break between the rain.  It was a very, very yucky day outside.
  




It makes me laugh to see Cameron lurking like  a creeper in the back ground of that one of Jace.  Also, thank you Emily and random-person-from-pinterest who painted and designed their kids ninjago outfits before me so I could completely copy them. 

And thank you random fifth grader at the school who, when we passed by, sneered, "Why are you dressed like boxes?" and reminded me why children over the age of 8 annoy the crap out of me. 


The Halloween party was crazy, like always.  It was raining for the trunk or treat so the kids went through the halls where different people were standing to get their candy.  I kind of felt like maybe it would have been just as effective to throw the candy all over the gym floor and tell them to have at it.

I'm not gonna lie, sometimes going to branch activities makes me so insane with lack of order that I feel like standing on a chair in the middle of the room and yelling at everybody.

But I don't.

I stifle it back and pace back and forth around Brice like an anxious dog waiting for the mail man to come by.

I'm sure the stress is evident all over my face, though.







Livvy was an angel.  So patient and content to be passed around from one person to the next.  And she kept her piggy nose on until I took it off.  I was afraid to leave it on long.  It still didn't smell like modge podge but I used a lot. . . 

So Halloween is over.  Kind of a relief.  And now the after Halloween holiday of "The Battle of the Candy" has started full force.  My least favorite holiday of all.

I should just eat it all for real and spare myself the torture.

2 comments:

The Sandall's said...

How sad that you got rained out…. It tried to freeze us out here but we refused to let the weather win.

I love your precious, adorable little pig and you cool, awesome ninjagos! You did awesome on their costumes! I can't take any credit..

We have been enjoying the candy war today too. Let me know if you come up with any solutions!

Celeste said...

What awesome costumes you made. I am totally jealous of talented people who make their kids costumes. I have no ability in that area. If it makes you feel any better our ward activities are mass chaos too. But with more people and way more kids.