Sunday, February 12, 2012

We signed Jace up for basketball at the YMCA.  He was with a team of about ten three/four year olds, and as you can imagine, the games were entertaining and a bit humorous.  Today we went for the last game, after which Jace got a trophy.  He was very excited about that.  But still not as excited as he was about the snack they got after each game.  I'm pretty sure he was just in it for that juice box and snack.  But it was a good experience for him, I think.  At least it taught him what it means to "get in line".  Jace has never been to daycare, or preschool, or any really formal kind of thing where he has to get in line.  So on the first day of basketball, when the coach told all the kids to get in a line and they all ran and got in a line and Jace continued wandering around looking confused, I realized that he was lacking this basic essential skill.  But today on the last day when the coach told them to get in line, he knew just what to do.  So hooray for that, I guess. 

Here he is, high-fiving the coach.

Taking a shot during the warm up practice they did for the first half hour.




Getting ready to execute a bounce pass (the one skill he actually picked up on)





 

He catches,


Prepares to shoot,


He scores!




He had a few star moments.  However. . . most of the time his playing skills looked a little more like this:








4 comments:

Jillane said...

This has to be one of my favorite posts! I laughed out loud several times and Tom kept asking me what is so funny. Jace is so cute and grown up.

The VanSickles said...

You must be so proud!

Celeste said...

We're thinking about Xander doing tball this summer so I'm glad Jace enjoyed basketball. Gives me hope that kids this age can play team sports.

stockholmstrom said...

I'm still laughing at the "our pride and joy" pick! Supa' Star (you know what to picture)!