Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm pretty lucky, or spoiled, or lazy or whatever you want to call it, but we sleep in till about 8:30 every day.  Jace usually actually wakes up about 7:45 and then he comes in my room and watches PBS (and I'm specifically telling you that so I can sound a little better.  At least what he's watching is somewhat educational).  If Camers wakes up he plays with his books in his bed.  And then when Super Why is over at 8:30 we get up.  And start our day.  That is our schedule.  It's a good schedule and it works very well for us.

Today our schedule got all screwed up because of some tornado warnings that were racing through the area at around 5:30 in the morning.  So we all had to get up and head down to the basement until about 6:30.  And then Brice went to work and I hoped hoped hoped that I could put the boys back in their beds and they would sleep.  I was very foolish in thinking that.  It didn't work, and so we started our morning bright and early.  So now, I ask you, what am I supposed to do this whole rest of the day?  I feel like it should already be lunch time and the countdown to bedtime should be on, but it is only 9:30.  

Today might be a three Diet Cokes day.  

Cameron is already well into his nap because he's not used to getting up so early either and would not stop crying about every little thing, and Jace is supposed to be picking up some toys that he threw all over the room but instead is negotiating with me.  So I just gave in.  Because how can you resist a cute little three year old who's wearing a waay too big bicycle helmet when he says, "I got a great idea!  You can pick up the toys and I can play my leapster and then later I can do some really nice things for you.  How does that sound, Mommy?"

So while he's playing his leapster, I can post some pictures of Camers that I've been going through as I'm working on his baby book.  Babies do not stay babies long enough at all.  And for some reason I feel like Cameron grew especially fast.  Or maybe I was just busier because I had Jace, and didn't savor as many little baby moments as I should have.  

It's hard to believe he went from this skinny-minny, at 1 week



 To this butterball, at 2 months.



He went from this you-can-kinda-see-he-is-a-quarter-Mexican,



To this what-he-has-Mexican-in-him?, in just five months.




And then there is this picture that I love of him.  I know he's my kid so I'm a little biased, but has there been a cuter baby anywhere?  I think not.



4 comments:

diana king said...

Beautiful! I love that last picture too!

Jillane said...

So cute! He is a very adorable baby. I am glad no tornados came your way!

The Sandall's said...

Lucky, spoiled and Lazy!!! Jking you know I only say that because I am completely JEALOUS!!! Both of my little angels were up this morning at 6am on a freaking SATURDAY... that should not be allowed..... Glad you guys are staying safe. But if you move back here you just have to worry about blizzards, and you can stay in your warm bed with the fire going through those!!! Miss you guys

Celeste said...

I was worried about you guys with all those tornadoes. Glad you're okay other than missing out on some sleep. I'm so jealous that you get to sleep in that late. I would have like 2 hours of uniterrupted time if my kids did that.