Tuesday, February 21, 2012

 This guy, 



as anyone who knows him will know, loves food.  And he has learned to say, "I want some."  Only it sounds more like, "I-unt some."  And he never just says it.  He always yells it, and will start yelling it as soon as he sees anyone putting something in their mouth that he deems yummy.  And he will keep yelling it until you give him some.  A couple of nights ago we woke up to him yelling something from his bed.  It was about 3:30 in the morning.  Brice rolled over and said to me, "Is he yelling what I think he's yelling?" Sure enough, little Camers was yelling, "I-unt some!" in his sleep.  He yelled it a few times and then went back to sleep.  He must have been dreaming about something yummy.


This guy,


 loves to listen to Junie B. Jones.  He likes hearing me read it okay, but he really loves listening to the lady who reads it on the books on cd.  We have one copy of one of the books that I found at a garage sale, and he reads it all the time.  Yes, he is a genius child and can read chapter books at only 3 years old!!  But not really.  Really he just looks at the pages and rambles on and on repeating parts of the stories that he remembers from listening to it.  It's pretty funny to listen to him try and repeat the parts he loves best. 


Jace also went on his first camp-out with Brice this last weekend.  I thought I would be pretty worried about him falling in the lake or getting eaten by a bear the whole time (even though I don't think there are bears out here) but actually I was pretty okay with it.  Mostly because I put Cameron to bed that night at 6:00 so I had a relaxing night all to myself.  Brice didn't take too many pictures (men never do) but he did get some of them out in the paddle boat one of the members of the branch took out there.  And Jace came home so excited to tell me all about his camping experience.  He loved it.





They thought this one was funny because he's holding up that bottle.  Like a beer bottle.  Ha ha.  Hilarious.  


So in the morning me and the Cam had some quality bonding time, which mostly consisted of him wandering around the house looking for Jace.  But he did play with his toy spider.  This is the spider Jace got from his Granny for Christmas.  He had a traumatic experience with it when opening it out of the box for the first time (it involved his Granny thrusting it towards him and then him screaming like a little girl) and he has been leery of it ever since.  He still won't pick it up or touch it.  Cameron is over the fear though, and will even kiss it.  I will admit that it does look a little freaky, especially when it crawls.  



And then, to Cameron's joy, Jace came home and ran to show me the pictures of him on the paddle boat.  Then Cameron wanted the camera real bad, and when I wouldn't give it to him threw a huge fit.  So I decided to document that.  







4 comments:

Jillane said...

Such cute kids! I can't believe you have a fake spider toy. I would not be able to handle that. My mom gave the kids some fake bug toys mixed in with other toys and I had to tell her that I threw them away after finding them on the floor and mistaking them for real bugs. You are one brave momma. So fun Jace went camping!

The Sandall's said...

I LOVE how Jace is reading his book! Must be a boy thing or an Anderson Boy thing!!! hehe! What a fun campout for Jace to go on and a fun time for you and Camers!!

stockholmstrom said...

I LOVE the picture of Jace reading! That needs to go in an album, for sure. Also, I think the picture of Jace in the paddle boat is hilarious, not because of the bottle, but because his end of the boat is sitting noticeably higher in the water and he has shifted his position to accommodate the imbalance. Tiny boys do not balance out big men. :-)

Celeste said...

That paddle boat looks awesome. Glad Jace loves camping. That will make for some solo girl weekends for you. I DVR the Miss America pageant or shallow things like that for when Justin is gone on campouts.