Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So my New Year's resolution is to do more blog updates.  Not really, although it's wishful thinking that perhaps in this year of 2012 I will have more blog updates.  For now though I might because my fun new toy for Christmas was a new camera and so now I want to be a photographer and takes lots of pictures.   And so my blog will now reap the benefits.  Jace got a camera too (and it doesn't work no matter how many clicky noises he makes or say, "This is a good one, Mommy!" But I'm glad for his imagination) and he tooks lots of pictures of me while I took pictures of him.  Mostly I think Jace just can't stand when I'm doing something that I enjoy without him right in the middle of it.  Every time I even sit at the computer to waste time on Pinterest, for example, he literally climbs circles around me.  And it usually ends with me saying, "Ugh forget IT!" and stomping out of the room angrily.



Also he gave me lots of annoyed looks like this one as I played with different buttons on the camera.  He was not a good poser.  Perhaps him being still in his pajamas at one in the afternoon didn't make him feel fancy enough to be a model.



So one fun thing we did sporadically on New Year's Eve day was go to the zoo!  The weather was surprsingly mild and sunny and we had some Groupons that were going to expire, so we just did it!  I was very proud of us for being so spontaneous!!  Our best luck with the animals was with the giraffe again.  This guy just loves the people I guess.  In fact he was even licking people's hands, and Jace, when not paying attention, almost got a good lick on the head.  I'm pretty sure he would have peed his pants had that happened, though.  So luckily the giraffe missed.  Or maybe Aunt Melanie pulled him quickly out of the way. 




And Camers really loved the zoo, especially when we finally let him out of his stroller. 



The zoo was the highlight of Cameron's week though, as he has been sick.  See him below with baggy eyes and snot stains on his face?  After so much snot removing, you just sometimes have to let it go a little bit.  Brice hates that I do that.  But seriously, I cannot just keep his nose area constantly clean when it's constantly running.  That in itself would be a full time job.  I cannot be a full time tissue holder.  Also sometimes the passy Cameron cannot live without leave a nasty ring around his mouth.  Poor little Cams.


 He has mostly been whining nonstop for the last week.  I finally took him to the doctor today, relenting that it's probaby not just teething.  And now he's on an antibiotic and so hopefully will begin cheering up soon.


And now two random pictures of Jace playing with his trains.  Just because I think they look cool.





He was a much better model for me this day.  And, to be honest, he's wearing the same pajama top as in the first picture.  But it's turned backwards (his favorite way of wearing it, or so he tells me).




And this is Cameron after he got his wisdom teeth out.  Wait-- oh no I'm sorry.  Those are just his cheeks.

3 comments:

stockholmstrom said...

Alright, not one but two new posts! We can totally keep each other going! Love all the pics and we are in the same situation with snotty toddler noses around here. River is also sporting a snooty nose and a red pacifier rash-looking-thingy. Super cute. :-/ Every day Steve comes home and makes disapproving sounds upon seeing her and promptly cleans her nose, which makes me feel horrible, but it's not like I haven't already cleaned it 5,000 times! Also, I ran into Chad Crawford at Academy today. I was really wishing I had cleaned her nose before that. Oh, well.

Celeste said...

Go you! 2 new posts. You're on a roll. That must be a sweet new camera...the pictures are so clear and focused. I'm totally jealous.

The Sandall's said...

I am so JEALOUS of your new camera! Your pictures look AMAZING!!! But glad that it has motivated you to blog more.. I sure love your posts!!! I guess you will now be a camera woman at our get togethers!!