Friday, January 20, 2012



We are so very in the middle of the January slump.  When I was teaching school I remember the month of January seemed to just drag on forever, and with your own kids it is no different.  The lack of sun and the cold weather just make everything seem soooooo gloomy.  So one thing Jace has become obsessed with to pass the time is his Leapster that he got for Christmas last year. And this year he got a new game for it and so all he wants to do is play it.  He would play it all day if I let him.  And sometimes I really really really want to let him play it all day.  But then I looked at him hunched over with his neck basically at a right degree angle and think that maybe it might be permanently bent like that, so I have to take it away.  And then endure the crying fit.








So I get to see him slumped over all the time, while his Leapster gets to see his lovely contented face.  And then when the Leapster is put away I get to see his face contorted in rage.  Nice.



Camers loves watching Super Why, which has been his favorite show since he was barely able to sit up by himself.  So he watches that a lot. 






And he is content as long as he has his passy and his trusty blanky. 


If you feel bored while reading this post I apologize.  I'm bored while writing it.  And also bored while living it.  However, a fun thing that did happen a week ago was that Uncle Cody came home from his mission in California.  Notice the dreariness of the sky?  Yeah it was gloomy that day, too.  Jace and Cameron were very excited to see him.  I think their favorite part was going to the airport to wait. 







I really enjoy Cody's looking-at-little-kids-face.


And also, just to spice up this post a little, I give you a somewhat disturbing picture of a freakishly large belly.


In little Cameron's defense he had just finished eating a healthy and large dinner.  But doesn't that look crazy big?  Like he swallowed a bowling ball? 

3 comments:

Jillane said...

Too funny! Your kids are so cute. Come and live in Texas where today the high was 76. I wish ya'll lived closer. We miss you guys and your kids!

stockholmstrom said...

You may have been bored while writing it, but it made me laugh out loud! And seriously, that is one ginormous belly. It is attached to one super-cute kid, though. I second the recommendation to move back to Texas. It feels so much like Spring here that we went to the park twice this week...in short sleeves. You know you want to be in Texas!

Celeste said...

ok, yes...that belly is insane! Glad he's healthy! I know what you mean about the January slump. Glad Cody is back to liven things up! I bet he was excited to come home nad have both of hus brothers living in KY again.