Tuesday, June 21, 2011


The boys and I went to Texas at the end of May for 2 weeks.  First I would like to give a shout out to Brice, who is a wonderful husband who sacrifices being without me and the boys for two weeks so we can visit my family.  I know he gets pretty lonely and bummed when we're gone, espescially when I call saying things like, "Today we went to the pool, you should have seen how much the boys loved it!" I know he wishes he could be with us.  We wish he could be with us too.  Maybe someday when money starts to grow on trees he can go with us on all of our trips.  Until then  we are very very grateful for how hard he works for our family. 

So the boys were really good on the plane ride to Texas.  I was kinda of worried about it, but not really because I had Fluffy.  Fluffy is Jace's new backpack dog. Fluffy is a good friend.  Fluffy is basically a leash.  I got a lot of smiles from strangers as I walked by pushing Cameron's stroller and dragging Jace by his "Fluffy".  They seemed like "knowing" smiles, but I'm sure some of them were probaby smiles of judgement.  But I love Fluffy.  I will never take a plane ride without her again.   

We had to get on two different planes and Jace did the same thing as we boarded each of them.  He walked down the aisle in front of me with his hands out saying, "Tickets, please, tickets please, tickets please," until we made it to our seats.  People laughed and chuckled at this.  "How precious," one woman said.  I wondered how precious she thought it was after the thousandth time he said once were in our seats.  Probaby not so much. 

And I was really proud of Mister Cam because he didn't poop on either flight.  I have many times been the unlucky one who has sat in front of a poopy baby.


Jace above and Camers below are sporting the official "Summer in Texas" outfit.  I would wear this outfit if I could get away with it.  I always forget how hooooooooooot it is.  And this year it's really dry.  A drought, even.  Usually everything isn't ugly and dead until the end of July and August.  Everything was aready ugly and dead and it was only May.  I hope they get some rain soon.







Alot of our time in Texas was spent in the water.  Jace is wearing a floaty called a puddle jumper in the above picture.  I love it.  It doesn't scratch up arms or give him a rash and it doesn't ride up on his chin and it gives him a lot of freedom in the water and holds him up really well.  He can really swim with that thing on.  Cameron discovered he loves to walk around in the water.  But he just needs to learn to walk because he's a chunker and not so easy to walk around with. 





This is something called a splash pad that we went to and I wish they had these on every street corner everywhere.  It was free and had all these different things that spouted out water.  Lots of fountains and buckets that dumped.  The water would shoot out for 90 seconds and then it stopped and the kids could go push a buttom to start it up again. 


3 comments:

Jillane said...

So cute! Your kids are getting so big. I think Jace looks just like Brice and Cameron looks just like you. I bet you all had fun in Texas. I also love those kid leashes - ours has a monkey on it. Kids are so curious and run away to look at anything cool. I love seeing pictures of your kids. We have to get together sometime!

Celeste said...

We love splash pads! There are tons of those out here and we love them! I'm so glad you got so spend time with your family and that the boys did so well on the flights.

The Sandall's said...

Glad you survived the plane ride with 2! Gives me hope if I ever have to do it! Looks like you had tons of fun with your family---even if it was HOTT!!