Monday, March 21, 2011

Today I mentioned to Brice that I really hope that Jace is going through a phase right now.  Because if this is how he is going to be for the rest of his before school starts years, I really don't know how I'll survive.  I'm probably just spoiled because overall he has been a really easy kid.  He wasn't a fussy baby at all and he was sleeping through the night by the time he was three months old.  He was also the kind of baby that I could just go lay him down and tada!-- he'd be asleep.  So I had it easy at the beginning.  I guess it's only fair that he is paying me back big time now.

Here are some things that he did today to try my patience:

I gave him a bowl of dry cereal to eat while he was watching his morning shows.  He dumped it out all over the floor.  I was giving Cameron a breathing treatment so I told him he needed to pick it up if he wanted to go outside.  So he proceeded to smash it into the carpet with his feet.  All the while looking at me like "I know you can't really do anything to me right now since you're in the middle of that with Cameron."

He found the lotion sitting on the table and pumped it into his hands, onto the table, onto the floor and all over everything on the table.  I found him in the living room with incredibly greasy hands and when I said, "Jace, you're getting that everywhere!" he wiped his hands all over the couch, leaving greasy hand streaks.

He threw at least five different fits just before our friends came over to visit.  They were about things such as, "I want more Dora snacks!" and "I don't want to go potty!" and "I don't want my pants on!"  And when he throws fits now he goes limp and falls to the floor.  And fake cries.  This is most annoying when I'm trying to take him to the bathroom because I'm usually holding onto his arm and when he goes limp and tries to fall to the floor I have to drag him to the bathroom which is why I think my lower back is always hurting. 

When he was finished eating his macaroni for lunch he dumped it out all over the floor.

When we were getting ready to go outside and he kept running away from me when I was trying to get his shoes on I said, "Okay, Cameron and I are going to go outside by ourselves and leave you in here alone," he said, "Okay leave me."

I walked into the living room to see him repeatedly whacking poor little Cam-cam with a green, plastic, baseball bat.  When I took it from him and said, "That's not nice, that hurts him!  Do you want me to hit you with this and hurt you?" he said, "Yes, hurt me."  I don't know how to respond to that. 

While I was giving him a bath he took a cup of water and dumped it out on the floor.

He has started saying to me, "Don't tell me that, you don't tell me that," when I tell him what to do.

Cameron was sitting on the floor and Jace was stepping on his back, causing Cam to lean so far forward he was basically laying down.

I wonder how much longer this pay back is going to last. 

2 comments:

Tyrell Berner said...

Everett is the ultimate handful already... I guess I just read a blog post from my future since I am sure Everett will do the same things Jace is doing. And little Cameron is ADORABLE! (Jake has been telling me that you guys had a little girl for the past 6 months...)

I love your blog posts... I have to say I was about to die of laughter when I read the potty training post. Good luck!

The Sandall's said...

I'm sorry but I am just sitting here laughing my butt off.... what a hilarious little boy. Good Luck with him, sounds like he is in his terrible 3's already... I hear they are worse than 2's but Bow's been about the same--- though reading this makes me feel better about my little stinker....