Monday, March 21, 2011

 Jace likes to put himself under the laundry basket and pretend it's a cage.  Sometimes I wish there was a kind of cage specifically designed for nap time.  I sometimes feel like I should just give up the nap altogether but then every fiber of my being is screaming at me, "No, please, not yet!" And so I don't give it up.  Instead we just go through the same exhausting fight every afternoon until either Jace finally admits defeat and gives in to his tired eyes or I finally admit defeat and let him come bouncing out of his room.  Today I fought hard and finally won the battle but had to pull the sitting on the foot of his bed in stony silence while he peppered me with questions and excuses maneuver.  Then when his eyelids finally closed I slid slowly off the bed and tiptoed out the door.  I thought it was ruined when I accidentally kicked one of his trains with my foot and it very loudly thunked the wall, but luckily Jace did not stir.  And now I am enjoying the sweet silence of victory.  Because Cameron is napping too.  Don't worry, he's not just sitting somewhere being forgotten.  He is an angelic little boy who quickly and quietly drifted off to sleep in a matter of minutes.  Today, anyway. 

The not-so-angel boy washing his toys
in about two inches of soapy water.  He
almost always ends up soaked after I let him
do this but its worth it so I can do the dishes.



The angel boy in his crib. 
After me forcing him to sleep in
the bassinet for so long he
loves his space in the crib. 



My mom was able to come and spend her spring break with us for the last week which was GREAT!  Well, great for me.  I'm sure she loved it too but I don't think she really had much of a break.  Not much peace and quiet at our house.  We didn't get to do too much besides the every day grind of eating, and cleaning, and napping, and potty training, and entertaining, and breathing treatments for Cameron because he has a bad cough again, and changing diapers, and after-the-boys-are-in-bed exhaustion but it was a great visit.


 When my dad and brother came to drop her off for the week they brought with them their three dogs.  Bambi is, unfortunately for her, just the right size for Jace to grab.  He loooooves her.  She does not quite reciprocate the feeling.
 It stopped raining a few times throughout the week and it was nice enough to play outside, which Jace did.  He never wanted to come in.  Especially after Grandma taught him how to shoot the dogs with the water gun.
 The littler Camster enjoyed the visit.  Not as much as he enjoys food.  Though he has learned that what goes in. . .


















. . . must come out.




2 comments:

Celeste said...

Well I'm proud of you for still fighting the fight! We gave up and just had quiet time with books for about the past year and that is even fading fast with Xander. At least you still have one easy sleeper! Love the cute pictures.

Melanie said...

The firstborn is angelic just long enough for you to start thinking about having a second. It's part of the plan, otherwise we might not have more! :) Wesley stopped napping, so now we do quiet time and 6 p.m. bedtime . . . it has its advantages!