Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Back to blogging

I'm starting to believe that Jace will never figure out pooping in the potty. Well I should re-phrase that. I think he does have it figured out. He's a pretty smart kid. What I should say is that I'm starting to believe that Jace will never want to go poop in the potty. Now, I know that's really unrealistic and he's not going to be washing poop out of his underwear still when he heads off to college (and I'm almost to the point now where I'm either going to start making him wash his own underwear out or just throw them away) but at this moment in time, having just washed out a particulary cute pair of Thomas underwear as Jace stood over my shoulder yelling "Don't flush him don't flush him! He's my best friend!" I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. All I see are endless days of following him around like a hawk watching for any sign that he might need to go Number 2 and then cursing myself for stupidly thinking I could take two minutes out of the "poop stalking" to go to the bathroom myself without dire consequences.


And yes that's right-- this is going to be my first post after a year of no posts. That's how frustrated I am with this whole potty training situation. But to leave it on a high I will say that even though Jace is struggling with the pooping part of potty training he does seem to have the peeing down. And despite his many many ear infections already this year he's a happy little boy who's quickly actually turning into a big boy.


And Cameron is as chubby, sweet, and cuddly as ever. And as Jace likes to point out to me often, "He's just a baby, he can't poop in the potty." And if I thought that my sarcasm would make any sense to him I would probably respond with, "Well apparently you're just a baby too, then." (I've actually tried saying that to him before but all I get is a skeptical look and a "No, Mommy, I'm not a baby. I have teeth."

And now here are some pictures.








6 comments:

The Sandall's said...

YEEHAW!! So glad you are back to blogging... Welcome Back!! I just love your blog posts, you are so funny and entertaining and I just LOVE LOVE those little boys. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks, hope you're ready to get an OVERDOSE of us!!!

On potty training--Hold in there--he will get it, I promise. I remember being in the exact same position you are in now. He will get it and he will enjoy it. Now the part about not flushing it down the toilet because he is his friend.... well good luck there. Gives a whole new meaning to imaginary friend.... LOL

Celeste said...

Welcome back!! So sorry potty training for #2 is such a pain! Love those cute pictures. Now don't wait another 9 months to blog again!

Jillane said...

I am so glad you are blogging! Your boys are adorable! Potty training is fun huh. Just keep collecting the stories to tell his girlfriends. They will love the stories. Also I have heard making the little one clean up his or her own poop does help the process along - if you can deal with the mess they make trying to clean it up after...

Jillane said...

Poo poo party - when you put the poo poos in the potty you tell Jace he is sending them to a poo poo party and as he flushes he can say bye to them knowing they are going to a better place... Just an idea I got from Allison but Sierra did not understand and wanted to go to the poo poo party too so who knows if it will work. :)

kim anderson said...

Finally, the only thing that gets me through the days at times is pulling up Emily's blog. So glad I can now pull yours up and see all four of my precious angels!!!

Melanie said...

LOVE seeing pictures of your ADORABLE boys!! That last little paragraph you wrote made me LOL :) Ug, the poop. Seems like it took for-e-ver to potty train Trevor. As much as I hate buying diapers in 2 sizes now, I'm in no hurry to start potty training Wesley!