Tuesday, June 18, 2013



Jace's birthday was on a Thursday.  I love how much he loves his presents.  We let him open the one from us as soon as he woke up that morning.  Since he turned 5 and also since I have never really had a "real" party for him, like with a theme and everything, I decided this year to give him the best Angry Bird party I could throw.  With the help of Pinterest, of course.  And it wasn't as completely awesome as all those pictures you see on Pinterest (remember, I take the cool things and kind of lame them down a bit) but it was still fun.  And I was pretty proud of myself.  Jace has kind of gotten the short end of the stick as far as birthdays go in his little 5 years of life.  We kind of had a party when he turned one.  When he turned two I was pregnant with Cam and hated life.  When he turned three I don't even remember what we did and so you know that must have been awesome.  When he turned four I was pregnant with Livvy and hated life again.  But this year I felt grrrrr-eat.  As Tony the Tiger would say it. 

So to make the par-tay complete I needed to make a super cool angry bird cake.  And lucky for me Aunt Emily and her gang went swimming that day so they took Jace with them.  And kept him all day.  That left me and Cam and Liv home to work on the cake.  I was frosting the cake and I turned my back for no more than ten seconds and when I turned around I saw this.


And this.  The little tird was supposed to be in the living room watching Wild Kratts.  But he snuck in the kitchen undetected somehow.  No wonder he has cavities. He would eat sugar with a spoon if I let him.




But anwyay despite Cam's inhalation of the frosting, the cake turned out acceptable.  Awesome even, I would dare say.



We went over to Granny's that night for dinner so we had cake with some of the family.  And then we had the par-tay on Saturday with the whole gang.


I made angry bird balloons.  



And we had some life size angry bird sling-shotting going on.




With some grown up participation as well.  







These two are such good buddies.  I hate that we live so far away from them, but it does make it extra special when we get to see them.  


We also tried to play a game with water balloons and ball stealing. . . it was not a huge success.  I don't think the kids really got it idea of the game, but they did enjoy throwing the water balloons I think.  Also in the picture below you can see a shower of water coming from somewhere.  From where? . . . 



From Emily's head.  She got nailed by Sherri. Who claimed, "It didn't hurt!"


Haha, I love the look on her face.  It's like, "What the. . .?"



Two little cute angry birds.






All six of the super cool angry birds.  Well I guess one is a bag piggy.  Pretty cute kiddos.














3 comments:

The Sandall's said...

It was AWESOME! Awesomer if that was even a word. Love the pictures u got! And let's just clear up my thoughts, they were more like, "Who did that, I'm going to kill you?!" I was just thinking if between the 2 of us we drag out our posts long enough, we could be together again and would feel like we were never apart!

Celeste said...

That looks like such a fun party for both the kids and adults! And don't feel too bad, Jace probably won't remember his birthdays before this year much anyway. =)

Mary said...

I think this party completely makes up for any lame-ness in the years before. This party looks awesome!!! An angry-bird fan's dream come true. You're such a cool mom! And I love the sling shot angry bird game. That is awesome. I totally would have played.