Friday, February 23, 2018

Non-newborn


I feel like I've taken lots of pictures of just her lately, but then at the same time I feel like I haven't taken enough.  She's growing up so fast.  Time has seemed to literally have raced by since she was born.  How can it be that she is two and a half?  And she's potty trained, and talking, and sleeping in a big girl bed and acting like a big kid.  Yesterday I visited Alyssa and Cody's new little one in the hospital.  She is brand new and so tiny.  And being there made me feel like I was just there yesterday with Annalise.  But really that was so long ago, and now my big girl is HUGE compared to that tiny little newborn I held yesterday. 

The only time I ever feel even a tiny tinge of baby fever is holding a brand new newborn.  And I don't really want another newborn myself, I just want to travel back in time and relive those first few weeks when Annalise was a newborn.  Because I feel like it was all a blur.  And I want to do it again. 

I guess instead I'll just have to hold Alyssa's baby any chance I get. 









No comments: