Monday, August 21, 2017

Playing catch up









So now that I'm all caught up with the beach pictures, it's time to post some other pictures of the rest of the month of July and the beginning of August.  Lucky for me, I haven't been very motivated to take a bunch of pictures. 

After we got back from the beach, I totally went through an end of summer slump.  I felt exhausted and tired and pretty much just didn't want to do much of anything.  So we really didn't.  We chilled around at home, we went to the YMCA, we played with friends now and then.  But mostly we stayed around home playing with toys, and videos games, and watching TV.  Nice lazy summer days. 

Now, however, those days are long gone.  The kids started back in school on August 9th.  Cameron started second grade and Jace is in fourth.  They're getting so big.  I dropped them off and it felt pretty much like we were coming back from a two week break, instead of a two month break.  They didn't need me to walk them in, so I went through the car drop off line just like normal.  Nothing too special.  


Look at those cute little goofballs.  I made them laugh, which is why they have such authentic smiles on their faces.  There WERE NOT, in fact, super thrilled about starting school again.  Also Jace is carrying the seventh Harry Potter book, which he has since finished.  And he keeps saying, "What am I going to read now?"  and I know what he's feeling.  It's like this sense of something so wonderful that you love, just being over.

I haven't had the heart to break it to him that there is really nothing out there in the fiction world better than Harry Potter and that, unfortunately, he peaked in fourth grade.  Hehe.  I mean, there are books, of course.  But I still haven't come across anything as good.  Let me know if you have. . . 

No comments: