Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Grandpa King is my last living grandparent.  He turned 90 in July and I'm really thankful I got to be at our family reunion to see him and celebrate his 90th birthday!



He is a tough old man and a great example of hard work.  He had one of his legs amputated a few years ago so while we were camping his four wheeler served as his legs.  All the little great grandkids got to have a ride with him. 





There were a few times during the reunion when Grandpa commented on how blessed he was and how he couldn't believe that everyone at the reunion was there because of him.  It was the first reunion without my grandma, but I think even though Grandpa was missing her a lot, he was happy to be there surrounded by all his family.  It was pretty touching and a great reminder to me about what this life is all about. 





No comments: