Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The baby blessing






We had Jace's baby blessing on July 20th. We were so blessed to have so much family here. Brice's parents were here from Kentucky and my parents were here from Texas, plus all of the family we have around here. . . turned out to be quite a crowd. I have to say I felt pretty popular. The blessing was really wonderful and Jace did not scream or cry or anything like that. In case you think he's wearing a dress think again. It's actually a gown. And it was the gown that Brice's grandfather was blessed in and Brice and all of his siblings were blessed in. A seventy year old gown. Pretty cool, huh?


2 comments:

Celeste said...

He's offical now...on the records of the church that is. Wish we could have been there (but there probably wouldn't have been room in the circle)-haha. He is growing up into such a cute baby! He has great big eyes. How are you liking being a mom? It has its ups and downs, don't ya think? That is so fun that he will have a cousin so close in age.

The Payne family said...

Hooray for new posts! That is great that you go the family out there. I think I'll probably cry like a baby when I have a baby and gets blessed. I just love seeing my husband being able to exercise his priesthood so to see him bless our baby...what a great experience that must have been. By the way, you look great! Thank you for honoring my request for pictures of you as well.